From cell phones to smart refrigerators (yes, smart refrigerators), it seems that most every and anything now comes with a touch screen, LED display and WiFi. The world is, and our modern lives are, intrinsically linked to the technologies that continue to advance humanity into new and exciting places.
Every industry has seen the effects that the ever-advancing tide of tech has provided, and sign making is no exception. Digital signage is now an option and, though it does have its advantages, HTH Inc. is still firmly rooted in the production and design of traditional signs. Why? As it turns out, there is much credence to the old phrase, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
The Benefits of Traditional Signs
Make no mistake about it, digital signs do offer some benefits. They do a reasonable job of attracting eyes and can be quickly updated. However, there are still some things that we’d argue traditional signs just do better than digital, including:
- Tried and True: Unlike digital signage, traditional signs have been a staple of modern life since humans decided to congregate and set up shop in towns and cities. The tech on digital signs is still in a state of flux, with the deluge of options available. Instead, why not choose a traditional sign that involves far less muss and fuss? The vast majority of traditional signs are far less expensive to set up and provide a simple, low-tech approach that makes them the easy answer for most businesses’ need.
- ROI: Return on investment is a golden metric of any business. If your investment in anything isn’t worth the money it brings in, chances are, it is a waste. That being said, there is no guarantee that a traditional sign will do its job of bringing in new customers. However, the gamble you take with the more reasonably priced traditional option is far lower than that of digital screens, enclosures and the cost of any repairs the digital sign may need due to vandalism, inclement weather or a list of other possible misfortunes.
- Highly Independent: Unlike digital signs, where it is often required to shop around for the sign, the enclosure, the design and the media player, traditional signs can be designed, ordered and placed with one company. Think your sign is in a bad location? A traditional sign is easy enough to move or replace without any major headaches or equipment breakdowns.
Even with the all-digital onslaught, we’ve seen in nearly every aspect of our lives, traditional signs are here to stay. It’s a testament to the art of traditional signage that it endures to this day. With dependable solutions, a lower financial bar for entry, and ease of creation and setup, traditional signs may be the best option for your business.
But what are your options if you decide to go traditional? There are many, but we specialize in:
- Car Signs: Car signs, like those you might see on pizza delivery cars or taxi cabs, are tremendously effective for a number of companies looking to have a sign on the go. Equipped with internal lighting, these signs also glow brightly at night and attach via powerful magnets that will not damage your vehicle’s paint job. Fantastic coverage and low-tech design add up to a great option for your company.
- Banners: Big, bright and eye-catching, banners can be hung either indoors or outside (though UV resistant ink is recommended) to announce a grand opening, celebrate a big sale or make any number of major pronouncements.
- Window Graphics: From car decals to storefront graphics, these colorful prints are easy to install and, with strong adhesives and liquid laminate coating, won’t quickly be damaged by sun or rain.
Though the decision on which type of signage to go with can be difficult, we believe that traditional signs are well worth your consideration. If you have any questions about sign options, design or anything else regarding the outdoor marketing of your brand, don’t hesitate to contact us today!